* .authinfo is ignored on startup
@ 2005-03-13 17:46 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2005-03-13 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying a different newsserver for a while and put the needed info
in ~/.authinfo.  However, when I start gnus it still prompts me for my
uid and passwd.   I've tripple checked that its entered correctly.

I type the exact same info at the 2 prompts and get the news.  How can
I debug this?

Its on winxp and No Gnus v0.3