* iSpell on W2K?
@ 2003-08-01 10:15 Max Quordlepleen
From: Max Quordlepleen @ 2003-08-01 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have found the page with instructions on how to get iSpell running
on W2K, and was wondering wehere I can find just the cygwin.dll and
mount.exe I need? The Cygwin homepage seems only to offer a setup for
the entire Cygwin installation, while I need just these 2 files. A
Googling did not help much either? Are they available independently,
or do I need to install Cygwin just to get them?

--
Patriotism is a pernicious, psychopathic form of idiocy. - G. B. Shaw

http://www.maxqnz.com/References.html

* Re: iSpell on W2K?
@ 2003-08-01 10:41 ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2003-08-01 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Max Quordlepleen <maxq@nonags.com> writes:

> I have found the page with instructions on how to get iSpell running
> on W2K, and was wondering wehere I can find just the cygwin.dll and
> mount.exe I need? The Cygwin homepage seems only to offer a setup for
> the entire Cygwin installation, while I need just these 2 files. A
> Googling did not help much either? Are they available independently,
> or do I need to install Cygwin just to get them?

Try installing aspell instead, there are up-to-date Windows binaries on
their site aspell.sourceforge.net and it works (at least on windows)
much better than ispell. To tell Emacs, that you use aspell rather than
ispell say

(setq ispell-program-name "aspell")

in .emacs.

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough