* [Newbie] .gnu syntax problem
@ 2002-09-24 14:14 Julien Barnier
From: Julien Barnier @ 2002-09-24 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi to everybody,

I tried to modify an example of .gnus file to my needs, but everything
doesn't work. In particular, the following piece of code doesn't do
what I wanted him to do (ie not to show threads in mail groups, but
showing them in newsgroups) :

(add-hook 'gnus-summary-mode-hook
	  (lambda ()
	    (if (gnus-news-group-p gnus-newsgroup-name)
		(progn
		  (setq gnus-thread-sort-functions '(gnus-thread-sort-by-date))
		  (setq gnus-summary-toggle-threads 2)
		  (setq gnus-thread-hide-subtree t)
		  (setq gnus-suppress-duplicates t)
		  (setq gnus-auto-select-first nil))
	      (progn
		(setq gnus-thread-hide-subtree nil)
		(setq gnus-summary-toggle-threads nil)
		(setq gnus-article-sort-functions '(gnus-article-sort-by-date))))))

I am sure it is a very dummy mistake, but I thank you in advance for
any answer.

Julien

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-09-24 14:14 UTC | newest]