* Re: Supercite
       [not found] <m3k7lj3j54.fsf@h33n3fls31o965.telia.com>
@ 2002-09-18 14:12 ` Klaus Berndl
       [not found]   ` <m365x3jb0h.fsf@h33n3fls31o965.telia.com>
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2002-09-18 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 18 Sep 2002, ichi-nntp@ichimusai.org wrote:

>  I'd like to set up Supercite but I didn't find any hands on examples
>  in the manual that gave me a good start, anyone here using that that
>  would like to share their juicy SC bits from their .gnus?

Not directly helping you with supercite but i would recommend to check tc.el
(trivial cite) which does IMHO a much better job than supercite in citing!
You can get it from http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause/tc.html

Has fewer features than supercite but the real citing is done buch better...

Ciao,
Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl			mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG				http://www.sdm.de

* Re: Supercite
       [not found]   ` <m365x3jb0h.fsf@h33n3fls31o965.telia.com>
@ 2002-09-18 21:35     ` Lars Clausen
       [not found]     ` <oulit13vuqc.fsf@ID-97657.usr.dfncis.de>
From: Lars Clausen @ 2002-09-18 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, 18 September '02, ichi-nntp@ichimusai.org wrote:
> Klaus Berndl <Klaus.Berndl@raibau.raiffeisen.at> writes:
>
>> Not directly helping you with supercite but i would recommend to check
>> tc.el (trivial cite) which does IMHO a much better job than supercite in
>> citing!  You can get it from http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause/tc.html
>>
>> Has fewer features than supercite but the real citing is done buch
>> better...
>
> Thanks for the tip, It looks pretty nice.
>
> I want to do the following:
>
> 1) Have some control over the introduction to my follow up, the "On 18
>    Sep 2002 ... wrote:" so that it can adapt to if I am posting in
>    groups with other languages or so.

This can be done in trivial-cite by changing tc-make-attribution.  I'm
thinking I should have a more generalized function be the default, but I
don't like adding more features.

> 2) Reflow already cited material so that it looks pleasing and is easy
>    to read. This means changing other peoples quote chars (|, :, ! and
>    what not) to the standard >, and then compress the spaces etc so as
>    to save columns.

[...]

I've been looking at replacing all cite marks with >s, but I'm not sure if
that's a reasonable thing to do.  I have a half-way finished version that
does this.  Trivial-cite already reformats citations without the extra
space correctly, but again, doesn't insert the extra space.

-Lars

* Re: Supercite
       [not found]     ` <oulit13vuqc.fsf@ID-97657.usr.dfncis.de>
@ 2002-09-19  7:54       ` Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2002-09-19  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, lawrence mitchell wrote:

>  Klaus Berndl suggested:
> > [...] Trivial cite rather than supercite.
>
>  Ichimusai replied:
> > I want to do the following:
>
> > 1) Have some control over the introduction to my follow up, the "On 18
> >    Sep 2002 ... wrote:" so that it can adapt to if I am posting in
> >    groups with other languages or so.
>
>  This should be pretty easy, look at some of the example
>  attribution functions.
>
> > 2) Reflow already cited material so that it looks pleasing and is easy
> >    to read. This means changing other peoples quote chars (|, :, ! and
> >    what not) to the standard >, and then compress the spaces etc so as
> >    to save columns. Hard to describe perhaps, I would like

I'm using trivial site in combination with filladapt.el and this really rocks!
All citings are correctly refilled, even such paragraphs like numbered lists,
bullet list etc...the refill done by tc.el + filladapt.el preserves all
numbered list, bullet lists etc...

paragraph manually! Citation is always perfect!

BTW: I hate the supercite-style like "Klaus> here comes the text" because the
only effect is wasting valuable space. Ans with the beautiful coloring of the
different citings i know always who is the author of a certain citation
without having the his name as prefix before every line! But of course this is
a matter of taste!

Ciao
Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl			mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG				http://www.sdm.de
software design & management
Thomas-Dehler-Str. 27, 81737 München, Germany
Tel +49 89 63812-392, Fax -220

* supercite
@ 2004-03-04 13:10 Prateek Sadhukhan
From: Prateek Sadhukhan @ 2004-03-04 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I use supercite.el to cite messages in replies. Now there are two things I
need to do.

One it should allow me or prompt me to change the name which I want to put
before the ">"
e.g.

prateek> blah blah blah
or
prat> blah blah blah
or
pra> blah blah blah

as I see fit.

and also is it possible to say wrap the cited part of the message to a specified
number of columns.

The reply may look like

=
my reply blah blah blah blah blah blah