* expire behaviour in nnimap
@ 2006-08-22 12:09 Pranav K. Tiwari
From: Pranav K. Tiwari @ 2006-08-22 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use nnimap backend, and cache the articles locally using agent. The
expired articles go into an nnml folder.

When expired articles are moved to the nnml folder, nnimap reads the
articles from the server, even if agent has a copy. This doesn't matter
over a fast link, but when I have a slow link, expiring a 5MB article
takes a lot of time reading it from the server, even if I have a local
copy. Note that reading an article is fine - it picks it up from the
copy in the agent cache.

Anyone else seeing this, or is it broken in my config? I'm using:

emacs version: GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600)
gnus version : No Gnus v0.6

regards,
-p

--
Pranav Tiwari.

* Re: expire behaviour in nnimap
@ 2006-09-21  4:27 ` Pranav K. Tiwari
From: Pranav K. Tiwari @ 2006-09-21  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Any ideas on how to avoid downloading an article while expiring, when it
is already present in agent cache?

-p

--
Pranav Tiwari.