* Re: How to Pine-lize Gnus?
       [not found] ` <87662btpa4.fsf@enberg.org>
@ 2002-04-29 11:21   ` Alexander Glintschert
From: Alexander Glintschert @ 2002-04-29 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henrik Enberg <henrik+news@enberg.org> writes:

> Arlan Lucas de Souza <arlan@epsilon.desq.feq.unicamp.br> writes:
>
> > What's the Pine's secret?
>
> It is written in C, which is a fast compiled-to-native-code language.
> Gnus is written in Emacs-Lisp which is a slightly less fast bytecompiled
> language.
>
> Gnus on the other hand has a gazillion more features, and unlike Pine it
> it is free software.

Pine is free software too. Maybe it's not GNU software but you can have the
source code too. And although I think too that Gnus is much better than Pine I
must concede that Pine is easier to use...

Greetings,

        Alex.
--
"A good traveller has no fixed plans            Lao Tzu (570-490 BC)
 and is not intent on arriving."

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-04-29 11:21 UTC | newest]