* Re: Ok, how do I get out of this?
       [not found] <87r863xim9.fsf@verizon.net>
@ 2003-06-10 21:27 ` David Steuber
       [not found]   ` <wc34r2xfw3v.fsf@gamma.cis.ohio-state.edu>
From: David Steuber @ 2003-06-10 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the replies.

So what is this "ticking" thing?  When I did the C-h k u sequence, it
told me the bound function and gave me the documentation for it.
Sadly, that didn't enlighten me a whole lot since I don't know what
"ticking" is.

It is nice to know about M-u though.  Thanks again.

--
One Editor to rule them all.  One Editor to find them,
One Editor to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

* Re: Ok, how do I get out of this?
       [not found]       ` <84k7bs30rv.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
@ 2003-06-12  6:07         ` Michael R. Wolf
       [not found]           ` <87isrbjakw.fsf@verizon.net>
From: Michael R. Wolf @ 2003-06-12  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> David Steuber <david.steuber@verizon.net> writes:
>
>> Another cool thing is being able to just move the cursor to the end of
>> the above ELisp expression and do C-x C-e.  I wonder if that works in
>> all buffers.
>
> It works in all buffers.  In Gnus 5.10, the piece of text is actually
> a clickable button.  Cool, eh?

Yeah!  Way cool.
    h --   get from summary to article buffer
    TAB -- get to the button
    CR --  activate the button to get to the help file
    q --   leave info mode
    h --   get from article to summary buffer

And look, folks. His fingers never left home position!!!

Way cool!!!

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!

* Re: Ok, how do I get out of this?
       [not found]           ` <87isrbjakw.fsf@verizon.net>
@ 2003-06-14  6:05             ` Michael R. Wolf
From: Michael R. Wolf @ 2003-06-14  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Steuber <david.steuber@verizon.net> writes:

[...]

> Nice.  Sadly, Debian/unstable seems to be using Gnus 5.9.0 still :-(
>
> How long ago did 5.10 come out?

Early May.

--

       [not found]       ` <sfnlrxde9.ln2@elaleph.borges.cgitftp.uiggm.nsc.ru>
@ 2003-06-14  6:07         ` Michael R. Wolf
From: Michael R. Wolf @ 2003-06-14  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ivan Boldyrev <boldyrev+nospam@cgitftp.uiggm.nsc.ru> writes:

> On 8407 day of my life David Steuber wrote:
>>> Execute the following lisp to go to the relevant documentation;
>>>
>>> (info "(gnus) Unread Articles")
>>
>> Cool.  Thanks.
>>
>> Another cool thing is being able to just move the cursor to the end of
>> the above ELisp expression and do C-x C-e.
>
> Yet another cool thing is being able to just move the cursor inside of
> the above ELisp expression and do <ENTER> :)

Especially since "just move" is "h TAB" before "CR".