* All messages unread
@ 2009-05-02  9:21 alfa
From: alfa @ 2009-05-02  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I am a beginner and I want to use gnus for reading newsgroups.
I subscribed a few newsgroups and I could read the messages in them. When
gnus restart I could see my subscribed newsgroups, but all the messages
in them are unread, so it's not very easy to find and read new messages.
I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.
Could you help me please?
Thanks
alfa

* Re: All messages unread
@ 2009-05-02 10:07 ` alfa
From: alfa @ 2009-05-02 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

alfa <alfa1977@libero.it> writes:

> I am a beginner and I want to use gnus for reading newsgroups.
> I subscribed a few newsgroups and I could read the messages in them. When
> gnus restart I could see my subscribed newsgroups, but all the messages
> in them are unread, so it's not very easy to find and read new messages.
> I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.
> Could you help me please?
> Thanks
> alfa

I have to quit using "q" instead of close the buffer or C-x k to kill
the buffer.
Bye
alfa

* Re: All messages unread
@ 2009-05-03  1:12 ` Joe Fineman
From: Joe Fineman @ 2009-05-03  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

alfa <alfa1977@libero.it> writes:

> I am a beginner and I want to use gnus for reading newsgroups.  I
> subscribed a few newsgroups and I could read the messages in
> them. When gnus restart I could see my subscribed newsgroups, but
> all the messages in them are unread, so it's not very easy to find
> and read new messages.

When, in a group, you have read all the posts that you want to read,
you can do MC.  Then all the extant posts in that group will be marked
as read, and you won't see them again unless you deliberately dredge
them up.
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  Men are luckier than women: they marry later & die sooner.  :||