* utf-8 problem with emacs-nt
@ 2006-07-02  8:58 Kamen TOMOV
       [not found] ` <mailman.3622.1151884574.9609.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Kamen TOMOV @ 2006-07-02  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I need to use Emacs on Windows and of course Gnus.

There is no problem reading messages encoded in cp1251 or iso8859-5,
but those that are in UTF-8 appear garbed. Please help.

You can see the versions of Emacs and Gnus in the message's headers.

TIA,

--
Kamen

* Re: utf-8 problem with emacs-nt
@ 2006-07-02 23:55 ` Egor Pervuninski
       [not found] ` <mailman.3622.1151884574.9609.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Egor Pervuninski @ 2006-07-02 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Kamen,

Kamen TOMOV <kamen@evrocom.net> wrote:

> I need to use Emacs on Windows and of course Gnus.

> There is no problem reading messages encoded in cp1251 or iso8859-5,
> but those that are in UTF-8 appear garbed. Please help.

> You can see the versions of Emacs and Gnus in the message's headers.

Use XEmacs or GNU Emacs from CVS. I use Meadow-3.00-dev on Windows XP,
no problems with Unicode and Cyrillic char-sets.

Regards,
Egor Pervuninski

@ 2006-07-03 10:03   ` Kamen TOMOV
From: Kamen TOMOV @ 2006-07-03 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Egor,

On понеделник, Юли 03 2006, Egor Pervuninski wrote:

> Hello Kamen,
>
> Use XEmacs or GNU Emacs from CVS. I use Meadow-3.00-dev on Windows XP,
> no problems with Unicode and Cyrillic char-sets.

I installed EmacsW32 and now I enjoy reading messages in UTF-8
encoding. Thank you very much!

You can learn about it from:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryWThirtyTwo

Regards,