* Posting to foreign group with expired articles
@ 2005-08-11 21:58 Frossie
From: Frossie @ 2005-08-11 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

This may be monumentally stupid, but:

How does one post to a group on a *foreign* server that has no
unexpired articles? Gnus won't let me enter the summary buffer so that
I can just use 'a' and if I am not into the foreign group, typing
nntp+foo.com:some.group on the newsgroup line that I get by using 'a'
in the group summary buffer doesn't seem to do the right thing.

--
Frossie

* Re: Posting to foreign group with expired articles
@ 2005-08-11 22:11 ` pkd
From: pkd @ 2005-08-11 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frossie wrote:

> How does one post to a group on a *foreign* server that has no
> unexpired articles? Gnus won't let me enter the summary buffer so that
> I can just use 'a' and if I am not into the foreign group, typing
> nntp+foo.com:some.group on the newsgroup line that I get by using 'a'
> in the group summary buffer doesn't seem to do the right thing.

try `C-u a' on the newsgroup line.

--
He prayeth well, who loveth well
Both man and bird and beast.

* Re: Posting to foreign group with expired articles
@ 2005-08-12  1:58   ` Frossie
From: Frossie @ 2005-08-12  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

  "p" == pkd  <p_u_n_k_i_n_d@yahoo.it> writes:

p> Frossie wrote:
>> How does one post to a group on a *foreign* server that has no
>> unexpired articles? Gnus won't let me enter the summary buffer so that
>> I can just use 'a' and if I am not into the foreign group, typing
>> nntp+foo.com:some.group on the newsgroup line that I get by using 'a'
>> in the group summary buffer doesn't seem to do the right thing.

p> try `C-u a' on the newsgroup line.

That works - even though the newgroup designation still does
not indicate the name of the foreign server, it does actually post to
it! Many thanks.

--
Frossie