* gnus bouncing bug?
@ 2003-05-14 17:17 marcuirl
       [not found] ` <84bry5cnog.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
From: marcuirl @ 2003-05-14 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is this intentional:

In summary buffer, over an article S D b to bounce it

begin aside:

(lets not get into the morals of clogging up the net with bounced
emails to an African government official that can make me a fortune!)

end aside

I then get dropped on a line in the message (message buffer). But I am
now in edit mode. q will not bring me out of this `message' it edits
it. Instead I have to change to the other buffer and q there.

Any ideas, bug, feature?

marcu
--
Unless otherwise noted, the statements herein reflect my
personal opinions and not those of any organisation with

* Re: gnus bouncing bug?
       [not found] ` <84bry5cnog.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
@ 2003-05-15 20:44   ` Michael R. Wolf
From: Michael R. Wolf @ 2003-05-15 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here's the output to <help-key>-k

> ================
>
> S D r runs the command gnus-summary-resend-message
>    which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-msg'.
> (gnus-summary-resend-message ADDRESS N)
>
> Resend the current article to ADDRESS.
>
> ================
>
> S D b runs the command gnus-summary-resend-bounced-mail
>    which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-msg'.
> (gnus-summary-resend-bounced-mail &optional FETCH)
>
> Re-mail the current message.
> This only makes sense if the current message is a bounce message than
Note the typo... --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> -->           that
> contains some mail you have written which has been bounced back to
> you.
> If FETCH, try to fetch the article that this is a reply to, if indeed
> this is a reply.
>
> ================

P.S.  Would still appreciate a pointer to why this started double
posting (but not double emailing) in 10.1.  First try, gives this
traceback.  Second try seems to work (from my view of gnus) and from
seeing the results in the newsgroup.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No such function: nntp-request-accept-article")
  signal(error ("No such function: nntp-request-accept-article"))
  error("No such function: %s" nntp-request-accept-article)
  gnus-get-function((nntp "gnus.org" (nntp-address "news.gnus.org")) request-accept-article)
  gnus-request-accept-article("nntp+gnus.org:gnu.emacs.gnus" "nntp:gnus.org" t t)
  gnus-inews-do-gcc()
  gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc()
  run-hooks(message-sent-hook)
  message-send(nil)
  message-send-and-exit(nil)
* call-interactively(message-send-and-exit)

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!