* MIME and gnus 5.9.0, NT Emacs 20.2.1, WXP
@ 2003-08-14 16:23 Bill Harris
From: Bill Harris @ 2003-08-14 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm a gnus newbie, at least as far as mail goes (been using it for
news for years).  I'm trying to get gnus to open attachments in email
messages.

I've created a ~/.mailcap file like

,----
| application/ms-word; start %s
| application/* start "" %s
`----

Somewhere I read the second line was supposed to be sufficient; when
that didn't work, I added the first.

I have

,----
| ;; from http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_107.html#SEC106
|
| (setq mm-file-name-rewrite-functions
|       '(mm-file-name-trim-whitespace
|         mm-file-name-collapse-whitespace
|         mm-file-name-replace-whitespace))
`----

in my .gnus to get rid of extraneous whitespace.

Still, practically anything I do with a MIME part ends up asking to
save the MIME part.

There are seemingly complex solutions posted various places, but I
don't want to clutter up my machine needlessly, and someone (Kai?)
posted in one of these places that the simple .mailcap solution should
work.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill
--
Bill Harris                                  3217 102nd Place SE
Facilitated Systems                          Everett, WA 98208 USA

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-08-14 16:23 UTC | newest]