* Re: Getting mail from attbi.com
       [not found]     ` <878z87th4q.fsf@jenny-gnome.dyndns.org>
@ 2002-04-02  1:21       ` Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2002-04-02  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yohanes Santoso <ysantoso@jenny-gnome.dyndns.org> writes:

> Peter Davis <pd@world.std.com> writes:
>
> > Does anyone have more information on how to set this up?  I tried
> > doing a Google search on this group, but did not find any concrete
> > information on pop3s or using SSL with gnus.
>
> Not sure if Gnus supports pop3s directly. However, what prevents you
> from establishing a local ssl tunnel to mail.attbi.com and then
> connect to that local tunnel using ordinary pop3 protocol?

I guess the only thing preventing me is that I have only the vaguest
idea of what this means, and no idea at all of how to do it.

> Another alternative, as suggested in previous posts, is to use
> fetchmail-ssl.

Yes.  As I mentioned earlier, using a separate fetch program would
prevent me from using the features of epop3mail to leave messages on
the POP server, and selectively delete them.  While on this subject,
though, is there an easy way to set up such a fetcher so that it runs
whenever I type 'g' in Gnus?

Thanks,

-pd

--
--------
                             Peter Davis

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-04-02  1:21 UTC | newest]