* pop3-leave-mail-on-server but mark it as read ?
@ 2008-02-14 14:41 lgfang
From: lgfang @ 2008-02-14 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I'm using gnus reading pop3 emails.  I add following line in my
.gnus.el so that gnus won't delete emails from pop3 sever.

,------------
. (setq pop3-leave-mail-on-server t)
`-----------

The problem is that every time I run gnus-group-get-new-news, all
emails which had already been read will show up again.

So I'm wondering if there is any way to mark the emails (at pop3
server) as read so that next time I run gnus those which had already
been read won't be downloaded again.

Regards,

--
When all the tool that you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail

* Re: pop3-leave-mail-on-server but mark it as read ?
@ 2008-02-14 19:24 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-02-14 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, Feb 14 2008, lgfang wrote:

> ,------------
> . (setq pop3-leave-mail-on-server t)
> `-----------
>
> The problem is that every time I run gnus-group-get-new-news, all
> emails which had already been read will show up again.
>
> So I'm wondering if there is any way to mark the emails (at pop3
> server) as read so that next time I run gnus those which had already
> been read won't be downloaded again.

Not in Gnus.  See the comment in `pop3.el':

  ;; We can't use the UILD support from XEmacs mail-lib or cvs.m17n.org:
  ;; http://thread.gmane.org/v9lld8fml4.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de
  ;; http://thread.gmane.org/b9yy8hzy9ej.fsf@jpl.org
  ;; Any volunteer to re-implement this?

Bye, Reiner.