* check for new articles
@ 2006-07-20 23:16 Gary Wessle
From: Gary Wessle @ 2006-07-20 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I need to check for new articles when I am in the summary buffer, I
hit g in the group buffer but is there a way to do this while you are
in the summary and not have to exit to the group buffer?

thanks

* Re: check for new articles
@ 2006-07-21  1:06 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2006-07-21  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gary Wessle <phddas@yahoo.com> writes:

> I need to check for new articles when I am in the summary buffer, I
> hit g in the group buffer but is there a way to do this while you are
> in the summary and not have to exit to the group buffer?

M-g

* Re: check for new articles
@ 2006-07-21  9:00   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-07-21  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jul 21 2006, David Kastrup wrote:

> Gary Wessle <phddas@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> I need to check for new articles when I am in the summary buffer, I
>> hit g in the group buffer but is there a way to do this while you are
>> in the summary and not have to exit to the group buffer?
>
> M-g

`/ N' (new in Gnus 5.10) is more efficient:

,----[ (info "(gnus)Limiting") ]
`----

,----[ (info "(gnus)Exiting the Summary Buffer") ]
| `Z G'
| `M-g'
|      Exit the group, check for new articles in the group, and select the
|      group (`gnus-summary-rescan-group').  If given a prefix, select all
|      articles, both read and unread.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--