* prohibiting Gnus from striping `(...)' in summary buffer
@ 2004-11-06 19:32 Patrick Drechsler
From: Patrick Drechsler @ 2004-11-06 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

is there a way to refrain Gnus from deleting `(...)' in the
summary buffer for certain groups only?

Normally this indicates a change of subject so striping that part
is OK. But some of my lists include the date of the message (or
other relevant information) in the subject as in:

:O ( 5)+>  [BIOMCH-L] Literature Update (Oct 7, 2004)                 [  8k | Young-Hui Chang       |Okt 07
:O (  )+  ╰─►                                                         <  8k | Young-Hui Chang       |Okt 14
:O (  )+    ╰─►                                                       <  6k | Young-Hui Chang       |Okt 21
:O (  )+      ╰─►                                                     < 13k | Young-Hui Chang       |Okt 28
:! (  )+        ╰─►                                                   < 10k | Young-Hui Chang       |Don 18:53

I couldn't find anything in the manual -- probably using the
wrong keywords for searching...

Thankful for any pointers

Patrick
--
Birds fly, men drink.
      motto of the "Man Will Never Fly Society"

* Re: prohibiting Gnus from striping `(...)' in summary buffer
@ 2004-11-06 20:41 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-11-06 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Nov 06 2004, Patrick Drechsler wrote:

> is there a way to refrain Gnus from deleting `(...)' in the
> summary buffer for certain groups only?
>
> Normally this indicates a change of subject so striping that part
> is OK.

By default, Gnus doesn't strip `(...)' from subjects in the summary.
Deleting of "(was: old subject)" is done on replying and the user must
confirm it.

> But some of my lists include the date of the message (or other
> relevant information) in the subject as in:

Maybe you have configured some overeager list identifiers (see `C-h v
gnus-list-identifiers RET'.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,