* Re: messages disappearing from nnimap+imap:INBOX
       [not found]   ` <ymh4rc475r3.fsf@okocim.cs.ubc.ca>
@ 2002-10-03  0:32     ` Ricardo Anguiano
       [not found]       ` <v9zntvpx2e.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Ricardo Anguiano @ 2002-10-03  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Majewski <majewski@cs.ubc.ca> writes:

> The problem with Gnus Info, in my experience, is that in order to
> find one piece of trivia, it is necessary to read the entire
> document. And then post to the newsgroup, because the thing you're
> looking for turns out to be an arcane emacs-lisp variable known only
> to two Gnus hackers somewhere in Germany.  Ah, Gnus. Can't live with
> it. Can't live without it.

I use these often:

Describe Variable:      C-h v <tab>, search through *Completions* buffer.
Apropos command:        C-h a <search-item>
Search info:            C-h i (gnus) s <search-item>

HTH,
--
Ricardo Anguiano
CodeSourcery, LLC

@ 2002-10-03 15:31         ` Krzys Majewski
From: Krzys Majewski @ 2002-10-03 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4uce.02.r.steib@gmx.net> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 03 2002, Ricardo Anguiano wrote:
>
> > Chris Majewski <majewski@cs.ubc.ca> writes:
>
> >> [...] turns out to be an arcane emacs-lisp variable known only to
> >> two Gnus hackers somewhere in Germany.
>
> Hmm, _two_ Gnus hackers from Germany?
> "Kai =?iso-8859-15?q?Gro=DFjohann?=" and the other guy named
> "Kai =?iso-8859-1?q?Gro=DFjohann?="? ;-)

Hehe. Well,  there used  to be this  guy Simon,  I'm not sure  if he's
still around. Anyway,  kudos to those guys for showing  up on the list
and helping us all out.

> Most others try (more or less successfully) to read the info manual
> and read or grep(1) the source code if necessary.

Yeah, I've taken a few stabs at the source and it was source 1, me 0.

> RET', `M-x apropos-documentation RET foo RET' (Emacs only?).

Nice, I didn't know about that one.

> ,----[ C-h k i ]
> | i runs the command Info-index
> |    which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `info'.
> | (Info-index TOPIC)
> |
> | Look up a string TOPIC in the index for this file.
> | [...]
> | Use the `,' command to see the other matches.

Or that one.

cheers
-chris

* Re: messages disappearing from nnimap+imap:INBOX
@ 2002-10-04 15:32           ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2002-10-04 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Oct 03 2002, Krzys Majewski wrote:

> Reiner Steib <4uce.02.r.steib@gmx.net> writes:
[...]
>> Hmm, _two_ Gnus hackers from Germany?
>> "Kai =?iso-8859-15?q?Gro=DFjohann?=" and the other guy named
>> "Kai =?iso-8859-1?q?Gro=DFjohann?="? ;-)
>
> Hehe. Well, there used to be this guy Simon,

Simon Josefsson is from Sweden, AFAIK.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: messages disappearing from nnimap+imap:INBOX
       [not found] <ymh4rc4fyem.fsf@okocim.cs.ubc.ca>
@ 2002-10-02 19:40 ` Jhair Tocancipa Triana
       [not found] ` <m34rc4o58x.fsf@multivac.cwru.edu>
From: Jhair Tocancipa Triana @ 2002-10-02 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Majewski writes:

   > I'm reading a message in my nnimap+imap:INBOX.  I accidentally
   > hit 'q'.  I exit the INBOX summary buffer, and am now in the
   > Group buffer. So far so good. But when I re-enter the INBOX, the
   > message I was reading is nowhere to be found.  I am forced to run
   > Pine to see it again. Why/how is Gnus hiding this message? How
   > can I turn this off?  (Gnus v5.8.8)

What happens if you re-enter the INBOX with C-u SPC ?

--
--Jhair

Public Key fingerprint = 81FF 3ADF BF6B CECB C593  4018 27AE D7D2 BAA6 00D0