* Gnus and gmane spam reporting
@ 2005-11-22 18:11 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-11-22 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

When marking articles as spam in a gmane groups, I thought that
quitting these groups would report these marked articles to
gmane.

I can't find any trace of gmane spam reporting. Any hint ?

TYIA
--
Xavier Maillard
Président de LoLiCA (http://www.lolica.org)

* Re: Gnus and gmane spam reporting
@ 2005-11-22 20:32 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-11-22 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 22 2005, Xavier Maillard wrote:

> When marking articles as spam in a gmane groups, I thought that
> quitting these groups would report these marked articles to
> gmane.
>
> I can't find any trace of gmane spam reporting. Any hint ?

Show us your config and tell us if your Gnus is current.  If it's
older than 2005-09-22, I can't work because Gmane doesn't provide
"X-Report-Spam" anymore.

BTW, "Emacs/22.0.51" in your User-Agent seems to be bogus.  There's no
".51".

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Gnus and gmane spam reporting
@ 2005-11-24  5:43   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-11-24  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 22 Nov 2005, Reiner Steib wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 22 2005, Xavier Maillard wrote:
>
> > When marking articles as spam in a gmane groups, I thought
> > that quitting these groups would report these marked articles
> > to gmane.
> >
> > I can't find any trace of gmane spam reporting. Any hint ?
>
> Show us your config and tell us if your Gnus is current. If
> it's older than 2005-09-22, I can't work because Gmane doesn't
> provide "X-Report-Spam" anymore.
>
> BTW, "Emacs/22.0.51" in your User-Agent seems to be bogus.
> There's no ".51".

Well I use Debian package « emacs-snapshot » and NOGNUS from
Debian as well.

Here are

,----[ C-h v spam-use-gmane-xref RET ]

`----

,----[ C-h v gnus-spam-autodetect-methods RET ]
| gnus-spam-autodetect-methods is a variable defined in `gnus.el'.
| Its value is
| (("gmane.*" spam-use-gmane-xref)
|  ("^nntp.*" spam-use-blacklist spam-use-BBDB spam-use-bogofilter spam-use-gmane-xref))
|

| Documentation:
| *Methods for autodetecting spam per group.
| Requires the spam-autodetect parameter.  Only unseen articles
| will be examined, unless spam-autodetect-recheck-messages is
| set.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| [back]
`----

There is nothing more concerning spam and gmane in my config.
--

@ 2005-11-24 20:44     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-11-24 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Nov 24 2005, Xavier Maillard wrote:

> On 22 Nov 2005, Reiner Steib wrote:
[...]
>> Show us your config and tell us if your Gnus is current. If
>> it's older than 2005-09-22, I can't work because Gmane doesn't
>> provide "X-Report-Spam" anymore.
>>
>> BTW, "Emacs/22.0.51" in your User-Agent seems to be bogus.
>> There's no ".51".
>
> Well I use Debian package « emacs-snapshot » and NOGNUS from
> Debian as well.

Sorry, I won't spend time debugging problems in development versions
of Gnus unless the most recent version is used.  AFAIK, the Debian
package of No Gnus provides the date in some way.  It's version is
something similar to "5.10.6-1.NO.20051020-1" [1].

(The information on your settings are okay.)

> | spam-use-gmane-xref is a variable defined in `spam.el'.
> | Its value is t
[...]

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/v97jbgozts.fsf%40marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de
--