* Using multiple score files for one group?
@ 2002-05-28  2:56 Dryice Liu
       [not found] ` <v9d6vgbhu5.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Dryice Liu @ 2002-05-28  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've used gnus for some time and I'm new to score files.

What I'm trying to do is: Using one global score file(not the global
score file mentioned in the info) for all the groups to decrease the
score of those "SPAMs", and one score file for each group to increase
the score of articles with subject I'm interested in.

So for each group there are at least two score files apply to it: the
"global decrease score file" and the "local increase score file". Is
this possible?

I searched the info and web but didn't find a confirm.

One way I can think of is to use the "kill file" to kill SPAMs, and to
use score files to increase interesting topics. But the author said
killing is very slow in the INFO. Is any other methords?

I'm using gnus5.9.0 with emacs21.2.1.

--
Thanks,
Dryice Liu

* Re: Using multiple score files for one group?
       [not found] ` <v9d6vgbhu5.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
@ 2002-05-28 12:24   ` Thomas Gerds
From: Thomas Gerds @ 2002-05-28 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,
this has nothing to do with the current subject!

how did you produce the nice box around the cited block from the
documentation?

Reiner Steib <4uce.02.r.steib@gmx.net> writes:

> ,----[ C-h v gnus-score-find-score-files-function RET ]
> | gnus-score-find-score-files-function's value is
> | gnus-score-find-bnews
> |
> | Documentation:
> | Function used to find score files.
> | The function will be called with the group name as the argument, and
> | should return a list of score files to apply to that group.  The score
> | files do not actually have to exist.
> |
> | Predefined values are:
> |
> | `gnus-score-find-single': Only apply the group's own score file.
> | `gnus-score-find-hierarchical': Also apply score files from parent groups.
> | `gnus-score-find-bnews': Apply score files whose names matches.
> | [...]
> `----

just curious,
tomy
--
*** ici ***

* boxquote.el (was: Using multiple score files for one group?)
@ 2002-05-28 13:38     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2002-05-28 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, May 28 2002, Thomas Gerds wrote:

> how did you produce the nice box around the cited block from the
> documentation?

<URL:http://www.davep.org/emacs/#boxquote.el>

Bye, Reiner.
--