* Re: how to reply to a digest mail
@ 2008-02-22  8:15 Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2008-02-22  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> I subscribed to mailing lists and receive digest mails. What is the
> best (easy) way to reply to a message. Mails are sent as mime parts
> (rf822).

> In a perfect world, I would like to select a mime part, and make reply
> as usually.

How about `C-d' in the summary buffer?

cf. (info "(gnus)Really Various Summary Commands") <- `C-x C-e' here.

* Re: how to reply to a digest mail
@ 2008-02-22  8:47 ` francois.lagarde
From: francois.lagarde @ 2008-02-22  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 22 fév, 09:15, Katsumi Yamaoka <yama...@jpl.org> wrote:
> > I subscribed to mailing lists and receive digest mails. What is the
> > best (easy) way to reply to a message. Mails are sent as mime parts
> > (rf822).
> > In a perfect world, I would like to select a mime part, and make reply
> > as usually.
>
> How about `C-d' in the summary buffer?
>
> cf. (info "(gnus)Really Various Summary Commands") <- `C-x C-e' here.

impressive!! I didn't know this feature... thanks

* Re: how to reply to a digest mail
@ 2008-02-22 18:08   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-02-22 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Fri, Feb 22 2008, francois.lagarde@gmail.com wrote:

>> > I subscribed to mailing lists and receive digest mails. What is the
>> > best (easy) way to reply to a message. Mails are sent as mime parts
>> > (rf822).
>> > In a perfect world, I would like to select a mime part, and make reply
>> > as usually.
>>
>> How about `C-d' in the summary buffer?
>>
>> cf. (info "(gnus)Really Various Summary Commands") <- `C-x C-e' here.
>
> impressive!! I didn't know this feature... thanks

How can we improve the manual to make it easier to find it?  How did
you try to search for it?  When doing an index search in the Gnus
manual, it is the third hit:

  <f1> i d m gnus RET
  i digest RET
  , , (comma twice

It's also at a quite prominent position in the menu:
<menu-bar> <Article> <Enter digest buffer>

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: how to reply to a digest mail
@ 2008-02-24 17:29     ` francois.lagarde
From: francois.lagarde @ 2008-02-24 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

In the last post, on 02/22 about 07h, "Reiner" (Reiner Steib) wrote:

   Reiner> How can we improve the manual to make it easier to find
it?  How did
   Reiner> you try to search for it?

I did C-h digest <return>. I have just realized that it is the first
item. But I
don't know why I have not noticed that it was what I was looking
for... maybe the
title is too complex.

   Reiner> It's also at a quite prominent position in the menu: <menu-
bar>
   Reiner> <Article> <Enter digest buffer>

you are definitely right. I removed the menu-bar. But I switched on at
first,
I think that I didn't understand the purpose of <Enter digest buffer>.
Too lazy to try
it.

--
F. Lagarde

* Re: how to reply to a digest mail
@ 2008-02-26 16:58     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2008-02-26 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Gnus has its own language (article, summary, group, digest, and so on)
that new users don't know yet, so they don't know to search for those
things.

Maybe when gnus-expert is nil or gnus-novice-user is t, there should be
a special message when a digest article is viewed telling the user "this
is a digest article, use the menu bar or C-d etc."

Ted

* Re: how to reply to a digest mail
@ 2008-02-26 18:50       ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-02-26 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, Feb 26 2008, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> Gnus has its own language (article, summary, group, digest, and so on)
> that new users don't know yet, so they don't know to search for those
> things.

"digest" is in the subject of this thread, so the OP surely was aware
of this term.  ;-)  And "digest" isn't a Gnus specific term.

> Maybe when gnus-expert is nil or gnus-novice-user is t, there should be
> a special message when a digest article is viewed telling the user "this
> is a digest article, use the menu bar or C-d etc."

If someone want to implement this...

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,