* Placeing of <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
@ 2007-09-27 12:59 Florian Lorenzen
From: Florian Lorenzen @ 2007-09-27 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I have the following hook in .gnus.el

(add-hook 'message-signature-setup-hook
 'mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime)

to insert a

  <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

at the beginning of the message. But when replying to a message with
`R', the text of the message replied to gets inserted before the
<#...> tag. When I then do a C-c C-c the message gets not signed
unless I move the <# ..> to the first line of the message,
i. e. directly after the "--text follows this line--". I looked into
the corresponding mml function and it inserts the tag after this line
but then, some other function later also inserts the other messages
text after this line and this I could not figure out where it happens.

So, is there a way to change this behaviour? That is, that the message
setup after `R' looks like

  --text follows this line--
  <#secu... >

  [quoted message text]

Thanks a lot for any suggestions or points where I could have found
this question already answered...

Florian

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: Placeing of <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
@ 2007-09-27 19:10 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-09-27 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, Sep 27 2007, Florian Lorenzen wrote:

> (add-hook 'message-signature-setup-hook
>  'mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime)
>
> to insert a
>
>   <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
>
> at the beginning of the message. But when replying to a message with
> `R', the text of the message replied to gets inserted before the
> <#...> tag.

Does it work if you use `gnus-message-setup-hook' instead of
`message-signature-setup-hook'?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Placeing of <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
@ 2007-09-27 19:24   ` Florian Lorenzen
From: Florian Lorenzen @ 2007-09-27 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> On Thu, Sep 27 2007, Florian Lorenzen wrote:
>
>> (add-hook 'message-signature-setup-hook
>>  'mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime)
>>
>> to insert a
>>
>>   <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
>>
>> at the beginning of the message. But when replying to a message with
>> `R', the text of the message replied to gets inserted before the
>> <#...> tag.
>
> Does it work if you use `gnus-message-setup-hook' instead of
> `message-signature-setup-hook'?

Yes, now it works. Thank you. I should have recognised the signature
part in the hook's name. Signatures are at the end usually...

Regards,

@ 2007-09-27 21:15     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-09-27 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, Sep 27 2007, Florian Lorenzen wrote:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>> Does it work if you use `gnus-message-setup-hook' instead of
>> `message-signature-setup-hook'?
>
> Yes, now it works. Thank you. I should have recognised the signature
> part in the hook's name. Signatures are at the end usually...

I don't think the latter is the problem.  I'd have expected that we
have a `message-FOO-hook' that is called later than
`message-setup-hook':

,----[ (info "(message)Various Message Variables") ]
| `message-setup-hook'
|      Hook run as the last thing when the message buffer has been
|      initialized, but before yanked text is inserted.
`----

But we don't have it AFAICS.  Maybe we should introduce a new hook run
after inserting the yanked text.

But maybe there is some other possibility to insert the MML tag
(beside `gnus-message-setup-hook').

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,