* Switching frames when following links
@ 2005-02-15 21:54 Neil Woods
From: Neil Woods @ 2005-02-15 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I'm in Gnus, if I click mouse-2 on an html link it switches to the
w3m buffer, which is in another frame. I like this behavior.

This does not work however for Info node links, despite there being an
open *info* frame.

How can I configure Gnus to also follow these links?
--
Neil Woods <cnw+usenet@pobox.com>
/* Do you ever get that feeling of deja vu? */

* Re: Switching frames when following links
@ 2005-02-15 22:28 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-02-15 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Feb 15 2005, Neil Woods wrote:

> When I'm in Gnus, if I click mouse-2 on an html link it switches to the
> w3m buffer, which is in another frame. I like this behavior.
>
> This does not work however for Info node links, despite there being an
> open *info* frame.
>
> How can I configure Gnus to also follow these links?

Customize `special-display-buffer-names' (and maybe also
`same-window-buffer-names' [1]).  See (info "(emacs)Special Buffer
Frames") for more information.

Bye, Reiner.

[1]
(setq same-window-buffer-names
      (remove "*info*" same-window-buffer-names))
--
       ,,,
      (o o)