* Ignoring threads
@ 2006-10-11 14:15 François-Denis Gonthier
From: François-Denis Gonthier @ 2006-10-11 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

this is my first post on this ng, hopefully not my last.

I would like to know what is the best way to mark a whole thread as
ignored in Gnus?  How do I score a whole thread and all future
followup to it?

François-Denis G.

* Re: Ignoring threads
@ 2006-10-11 21:00 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-10-11 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Oct 11 2006, François-Denis Gonthier wrote:

> I would like to know what is the best way to mark a whole thread as
> ignored in Gnus?

`T o' (gnus-summary-top-thread)

`L r S' to lower score for all followups, see (info "(gnus)Summary
Score Commands") for the explanation of the keys.

> How do I score a whole thread and all future followup to it?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Ignoring threads
@ 2006-10-12  0:00   ` François-Denis Gonthier
From: François-Denis Gonthier @ 2006-10-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Reiner> `T o' (gnus-summary-top-thread)

    Reiner> `L r S' to lower score for all followups, see (info
    Reiner> "(gnus)Summary Score Commands") for the explanation of the
    Reiner> keys.

Yay! It works great thank you.

* Re: Ignoring threads
@ 2006-10-17 14:38 ` Hadron Quark
From: Hadron Quark @ 2006-10-17 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

neumann@lostwebsite.net (François-Denis Gonthier) writes:

> Hello,
>
> this is my first post on this ng, hopefully not my last.
>
> I would like to know what is the best way to mark a whole thread as
> ignored in Gnus?  How do I score a whole thread and all future
> followup to it?
>
> François-Denis G.

I have this in my .gnus.el

Maybe someone more experienced could explain if Reiner's solution is better?

,----
| (defun cg-gnus-summary-ignore-thread ()
|   (interactive)
|   (let* ((hdr (gnus-summary-article-header))
|          (subj (aref hdr 1)))
|     (gnus-summary-score-entry "Subject" subj 'S' -1000
|                               (current-time-string))
|     (gnus-summary-limit-to-unread)
|     (gnus-summary-scroll-up 0)))
|

| (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map (kbd "<f6>") 'cg-gnus-summary-ignore-thread)

`----

* Re: Ignoring threads
@ 2006-10-17 16:38   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-10-17 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Oct 17 2006, Hadron Quark wrote:

> Maybe someone more experienced could explain if Reiner's solution is better?

It is different.  `L r S' is scoring on References rather than scoring
on subject.

> ,----
> | (defun cg-gnus-summary-ignore-thread ()
> |   (interactive)
> |   (let* ((hdr (gnus-summary-article-header))
> |          (subj (aref hdr 1)))
> |     (gnus-summary-score-entry "Subject" subj 'S' -1000
> |                               (current-time-string))

Shouldn't this read 's instead of 'S'?

        (gnus-summary-score-entry "Subject" subj 's -1000

> |     (gnus-summary-limit-to-unread)
> |     (gnus-summary-scroll-up 0)))

This is not related to scoring.  Maybe it's desirable, maybe not.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)