* how to attach a file
@ 2002-12-30  3:33 Zimmen Gnauh
       [not found] ` <84lm27zql3.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Zimmen Gnauh @ 2002-12-30  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

   In gnus documentation, I don't see anything related to attachment. Can it
be done?

* Re: how to attach a file
@ 2002-12-30  3:59 ` Bijan Soleymani
       [not found] ` <84lm27zql3.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Bijan Soleymani @ 2002-12-30  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Zimmen Gnauh <yah00204052@yahoo.com> writes:

>    In gnus documentation, I don't see anything related to attachment. Can it
> be done?

Yes it is possible. While composing a message simply do C-c C-a
or from the menubar: message > attach file as MIME

Hope that helps,
Bijan

* Re: how to attach a file
       [not found]   ` <v9adinupnz.fsf@theotp5.physik.uni-ulm.de>
@ 2003-01-01  1:49     ` Zimmen Gnauh
       [not found]     ` <8465ta9y1n.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Zimmen Gnauh @ 2003-01-01  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4uce.02.r.steib@gmx.net> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 30 2002, Kai Großjohann wrote:
>
> > The Gnus documentation consists of three manuals: the Gnus manual,
> > the Message manual, and the Emacs-MIME (or similar) manual.  I
> > suggest that you have a look at the other two, as well :-)
>
> It seems that people often don't find the other Gnus-related manuals
> although there's a link to "(message)Top" in "(gnus)Composing
> Messages".
>
> What about adding links to the message, emacs-mime, sieve, pgg,
> ... manuals in "(gnus)Top"?

   You are exactly right. I found the (message)Top following your
direction, but still have no idea of the location of  Emacs-MIME manual.

* Re: how to attach a file
       [not found]       ` <m1lm25hcbl.fsf@localhost.localdomain>
@ 2003-01-01 15:31         ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-01-01 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Zimmen Gnauh <yah00204052@yahoo.com> writes:

>    Does it mean I have to download your new code? Where is it?

To read the Emacs-MIME and PGG manuals, it is sufficient to type `g
(emacs-mime) RET' and `g (pgg) RET' in info.

I have only added more convenience.  The PGG manual is new in Oort,
btw, so you won't get that unless you get Oort.

Does this help?
--
Ambibibentists unite!

@ 2003-01-01 16:16         ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-01-01 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jan 01 2003, Zimmen Gnauh wrote:

> kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

>> I've done it for message, emacs-mime, sieve, pgg.
>>
>> Which others are needed?

The above are the most important (IMHO), as they come with Gnus.  The
Gnus tutorial and (if available in info format, when finished) the
Gnus FAQ.  BTW, shouldn't the tutorial and the FAQ be distributed with
Gnus?  The emacs-lisp-intro might be interesting, too.

>    Does it mean I have to download your new code? Where is it?

It's in the development version of Gnus, called "Oort Gnus", which can
be downloaded from www.gnus.org (but the last days the site was
down).  Anyhow, there's quite a lot activity in the development the
last days, so please remember that it's alpha software.

On Wed, Jan 01 2003, Zimmen Gnauh wrote:

>    You are exactly right. I found the (message)Top following your
> direction, but still have no idea of the location of  Emacs-MIME manual.

Direct link: (Info-goto-node "(emacs-mime)Top"); <== Press C-x C-e here!

Direction: `C-h i' (invoke info), `d' (Go to the Info directory node),
`m Emacs MIME RET' bring you to "(emacs-mime)Top".  You should read
the info help (`C-h i ?') first, if you're not familiar with info.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)