* Re: save email copy in current folder?
       [not found]   ` <65weq9ds.fsf@therogoffs.com>
@ 2002-10-08 16:58     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2002-10-08 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Oct 07 2002, David Rogoff wrote:

> Benjamin Rutt <rutt+news@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
[...]
> I set the ggc: to current group and then replied to an article in the
> group. When I hit C-c, C-c there was an error message in the
> mini-buffer that said something about can't create nndoc group ....
> If I tried again it didn't complain, but the gcc-ed article was in my
> main mailbox folder, not the one I replied from.

nndoc is *read-only*!

,----[ (Info-goto-node "(gnus)Document Groups"); <== Press C-x C-e here! ]
|    `nndoc' will not try to change the file or insert any extra headers
| into it--it will simply, like, let you use the file as the basis for a
| group.  And that's it.
`----

See the manual for suitable backends for mail:
(Info-goto-node "(gnus)Comparing Mail Back Ends"); <== Press C-x C-e here!

> Also, once I get this working, is there an easy way to apply this
> property to a group of groups (e.g. all my email nndoc folders)?

See news:<v9k7kuezz7.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de> in this thread.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: save email copy in current folder?
       [not found] ` <wc31y72xjb5.fsf@eta.cis.ohio-state.edu>
@ 2002-10-07 20:49   ` Reiner Steib
       [not found]   ` <65weq9ds.fsf@therogoffs.com>
From: Reiner Steib @ 2002-10-07 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Oct 07 2002, Benjamin Rutt wrote:

> Customize the group (press 'G c') from the group buffer and set the
> Gcc: to point to current group.

I would recommend to use topics. Put all mail groups in one topic and
edit the corresponding topic parameter.

> After you get that working, you may realize that you want to set the
> (in version 5.8.8) `gnus-inews-mark-gcc-as-read' parameter.

`gnus-inews-mark-gcc-as-read' was introduced in Oort (and later
obsoleted by `gnus-gcc-mark-as-read'), so it's not present in 5.8.8 or
5.9.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,