* Re: Reply to all (and other obvious things)?
       [not found] <u8z1a8g8a.fsf@boost-consulting.com>
@ 2002-10-07 21:09 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2002-10-07 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Oct 07 2002, David Abrahams wrote:

> 1. Reply-to-all: If someone sends a message to me and 5 other
>    recipients, how can I easily compose a reply which goes to all of
>    them?

See the manual:

(Info-goto-node "(gnus)Reply Followup and Post")
(Info-goto-node "(gnus)Summary Mail Commands")

Put the cursor at the end of the previous lines and press `C-x C-e'.
This will bring you to the manual sections.

> 2. Address book: OE had a setting wherein every email address I sent
>    to would be entered in my address book.

bbdb can do this.

> I know emacs has some provision for using aliases from the .mailrc
> file, but I don't know any way to fill that up automatically, and I
> don't think it is as loose about matching as I'd like.

If you can export your current address book into a reasonable format,
it should be possible to convert it to mailrc format, see:

(Info-goto-node "(message)Mail Aliases")

>    nnfolder archive in ~/Mail/archive/sent, but it's not obvious to me
>    how I can add a folder which lets me browse that archive. I'm also
>    not confident that nnfolder is the best method for this...

In the group buffer, you can use `j' to jump to a group, e.g. `j
nnfolder+archive:sent RET'. Or use `G m send RET nnfolder:archive
RET'.

> I can't do anything else in emacs while they are in progress.

Use two instances of Emacs: One for Gnus, another for editing.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-07 21:09 UTC | newest]