* html in messages...
@ 2005-09-10 13:46 Ed Hartnett
From: Ed Hartnett @ 2005-09-10 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Howdy all!

Much as I dislike the sending of email in HTML (which is just plain
silly, IMO), I am getting a lot of HTML messages.

My gnus is not handling this too gracefully. My *Article* buffer looks
like this:

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<link rel=File-List href="cid:filelist.xml@01C5B565.4DC8B250">
<!--[if !mso]>
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
b\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
<![endif]-->
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Times New Roman";
	panose-1:2 2 6 3 5 4 5 2 3 4;}

(I mean, honestly, do we have to send font definitions in every
email? Only advertisers can be happy about this, because they can send
the same kind of junk mail that they do through snail mail. Rant mode
off.)

I am using gnus version 5.10.6, and emacs 21.4.1. Is there any way I
can get gnus to show me the HTML a little bit more readably?

Thanks!

Ed

--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@unidata.ucar.edu

* Re: html in messages...
@ 2005-09-10 19:59 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-09-10 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Sep 10 2005, Ed Hartnett wrote:

> Howdy all!
>
> Much as I dislike the sending of email in HTML (which is just plain
> silly, IMO), I am getting a lot of HTML messages.
>
> My gnus is not handling this too gracefully. My *Article* buffer looks
> like this:
[...]
> I am using gnus version 5.10.6, and emacs 21.4.1. Is there any way I
> can get gnus to show me the HTML a little bit more readably?

That's a FAQ:

,----[ (info "(gnus)[4.7]") ]
| Can I use some other browser than w3 to render my HTML-mails?
`----

I'd recommend to (install and) use emacs-w3m.

See also the paragraph on `mm-discouraged-alternatives' in
(info "(emacs-mime)Display Customization").

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)