* Re: Remove file `Incoming3115TGl'? (y or n)
       [not found]   ` <uuhe4xpy24.fsf@nbsp.nsk.su>
@ 2003-08-04 12:01     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-08-04 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Aug 04 2003, Sergei Pokrovsky wrote:

> [...]
[...]
>   >> ,----
>   >> | Remove file `Incoming3115TGl'? (y or n)
>   >> `----

Confirmation can be customized by the variable
`mail-source-delete-old-incoming-confirm' described immediately after
`mail-source-delete-incoming' in the manual: (info "(gnus)Mail Source
Customization").

>   Kai> See the variable mail-source-delete-incoming.
>
>   Kai> In recent Gnusae, it is also possible to keep the last N files,
>   Kai> or maybe files from the last N days, I'm not sure.

It's the number of days.

> Well, probably there were no bug in my case, as I've set that variable
> to 3 (days), because I had a problem with the article numbers, and
> misinterpreted the variable's meaning: I supposed that it should keep
> _all_ the received mail for the indicated number of days (at least) --
> so, something like a general expiry term.

If there's some misleading formulation in the manual or the
doc-strings, please let us know.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-08-04 12:01 UTC | newest]