* bug in reading outlook multipart email?
@ 2005-02-12 18:18 Pedro Kroger
From: Pedro Kroger @ 2005-02-12 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I don't know if it's a bug or I am missing something but gnus is
failing to show some emails in a few groups. (It has nothing to do with
expiration)

I started tracking the problem down and it seems that the culprit is
multipart email sent by Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00 (or something
like that). It seems that gnus can't see others emails beyond that
point.

Here is an example. This mbox file:

http://www.pedrokroeger.net/gnus/bug-gnus

has 2 messagens, as can be seen here in mutt:

http://www.pedrokroeger.net/gnus/mutt-summary.png

But if I try to see this file in gnus using nndoc, I can see only one
message and it's parts:

http://www.pedrokroeger.net/gnus/gnus-summary-buffer.png

So, it is really a bug or am I missing something?

Best regards,

Pedro Kröger

* Re: bug in reading outlook multipart email?
@ 2005-02-13 14:25 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-02-13 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Feb 12 2005, Pedro Kroger wrote:

> I started tracking the problem down and it seems that the culprit is
> multipart email sent by Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00 (or something
> like that). It seems that gnus can't see others emails beyond that
> point.
>
> Here is an example. This mbox file:
>
> http://www.pedrokroeger.net/gnus/bug-gnus
>
> has 2 messagens, as can be seen here in mutt:
>
> http://www.pedrokroeger.net/gnus/mutt-summary.png

[ I didn't look at this because I'm offline. ]

> But if I try to see this file in gnus using nndoc, I can see only one
> message and it's parts: [...]

Concerning nndoc: Did you try the prefix argument of
`gnus-group-make-doc-group' (C-u G f)?

,----[ (info "(gnus)Foreign Groups") ]
| `G f'
|      Make a group based on some file or other
|      (`gnus-group-make-doc-group').  If you give a prefix to this
|      command, you will be prompted for a file name and a file type.
|      Currently supported types are `mbox', `babyl', `digest', `news',
|      `rnews', `mmdf', `forward', `rfc934', `rfc822-forward',
|      `mime-parts', `standard-digest', `slack-digest', `clari-briefs',
|      `nsmail', `outlook', `oe-dbx', and `mailman'.  If you run this
|      command without a prefix, Gnus will guess at the file type.  *Note
|      Document Groups::.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--