* Re: fetch parent of article bug ?
       [not found]   ` <m2k6t418n6.fsf@seki.fr>
@ 2004-11-02 18:17     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-11-02 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 02 2004, Sebastien Kirche wrote:

> Le 2 Nov 2004, Reiner Steib vraute :
[...]
>> What is the value of `gnus-refer-article-method' in your setup?
>
> ,----[ C-h v gnus-refer-article-method RET ]
> | gnus-refer-article-method's value is
> | (current
> |  (nnweb "google"
> | 		(nnweb-type google)))
> |
> `----

Makes sense.

> I suppose  that gnus  implicitly fetched from  the agent  and if not  in the
> agent then from google.

I don't know if/how the agent is involved (I don't use the agent).

| (current
|  (nntp "localhost")
|  [...]
|  (nntp "news.gmane.org")
|  (nntp "news.gnus.org")
|  (nnweb "google"
| 	(nnweb-type google)))
[...]
> BTW :  as i can see  some specific group names  in your example,  do you set
> gnus-refer-article-method on a per-group basis ?

No, I don't (it should be possible, though).  When the article is not
available on one server, the next one is tried.  localhost (leafnode2
with short expire time) carries all my nntp groups (de.*, gmane.*,
gnu.*), Gmane is for gmane.*, news.gnus.org is only relevant for
gnus.gnus-bug.  If all else fails, try google.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-11-02 18:17 UTC | newest]