From: Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de>
Subject: Re: Sending KOI8-R messages from UTF-8 environment
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:31:59 +0200	[thread overview]

On Mon, Jul 21 2003, Peter Klyushkin wrote:

> [...]
[...]
>  JH> I'll try with an older version.  Ah, in 21.3 you need
>  JH>    (setq mm-coding-system-priorities '(cyrillic-koi8))
>  JH> instead.
>
> Yes, I know that aliases don't work.

Are you sure?  In Gnus 5.10 it should not matter whether you use a
MIME charset, an alias or a base coding system.

,----
| 2003-04-13  Reiner Steib  <Reiner.Steib@gmx.de>
|
| 	* mm-util.el (mm-sort-coding-systems-predicate): Convert elements
| 	of `mm-coding-system-priorities' to base coding system.
`----

With Gnus/5.1003 (Gnus v5.10.3) Emacs/21.3 (gnu/linux) and ...

(setq mm-coding-system-priorities '(koi8-r iso-8859-1 iso-8859-15 utf-8))

... I get "charset=koi8-r" as you can see in this message:
"Russian (Русский) Здравствуйте!"

If this is not the case for you, could you provide a simple test case?
What does `M-: (mm-find-mime-charset-region (point-min) (point-max))
RET' return for you?

Bye, Reiner.

[ Supersede because I forgot to re-eval lisp expression. :-( ]
--
       ,,,
      (o o)