* M-x Spook
@ 2007-11-16 14:55 Slackrat
From: Slackrat @ 2007-11-16 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Why does this not work?

(add-hook 'mail-setup-hook 'spook)

--
SlackRat - 4Q to Reply

* Re: M-x Spook
@ 2007-11-17 12:46 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-11-17 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Fri, Nov 16 2007, Slackrat wrote:

> Why does this not work?

What are you trying to achieve?

> (add-hook 'mail-setup-hook 'spook)

1. `spock' insert into the current buffer.

2. Does Gnus (i.e. message) run `mail-setup-hook'?  I don't think so.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: M-x Spook
@ 2007-11-17 17:06   ` Slackrat
From: Slackrat @ 2007-11-17 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

* <***@imap.cc> a écrit profondement:

| On Fri, Nov 16 2007, Slackrat wrote:
|
| > Why does this not work?
|
| What are you trying to achieve?
|
| > (add-hook 'mail-setup-hook 'spook)
|
| 1. `spock' insert into the current buffer.
|
| 2. Does Gnus (i.e. message) run `mail-setup-hook'?  I don't think so.

http:/http://sunsite.ualberta.ca/Documentation/Gnu/emacs-21.1/html_chapter/emacs_29.html

At Z.5 Mail Amusements

It is no big deal, and "M-x spook" does in fact work

--
SlackRat - 4Q to Reply

smuggle Uzi JFK afsatcom SSL Baranyi RSA investigation Mole South
Africa Indigo Panama covert video cracking 64 Vauxhall Cross

* Re: M-x Spook
@ 2007-11-17 17:29     ` Slackrat
From: Slackrat @ 2007-11-17 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

* Slackrat <***@azurservers.com> a écrit profondement:

http://sunsite.ualberta.ca/Documentation/Gnu/emacs-21.1/html_chapter/emacs_29.html

| At Z.5 Mail Amusements
|
| It is no big deal, and "M-x spook" does in fact work

Sorry - the url got mangled in the original post

--
SlackRat - 4Q to Reply

* Re: M-x Spook
@ 2007-11-17 22:19     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-11-17 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sat, Nov 17 2007, Slackrat wrote:

> * <***@imap.cc> a écrit profondement:

You should not strip the full name when mangling the mail address.

> | 2. Does Gnus (i.e. message) run `mail-setup-hook'?  I don't think so.

[ <http://sunsite.ualberta.ca/Documentation/Gnu/emacs-21.1/html_chapter/emacs_29.html>
Aka (info "(emacs)Mail Amusements") ]

> At Z.5 Mail Amusements

The Emacs Manual describes the Emacs mail mode, not Gnus message mode.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)