* using a smtp server (not sendmail)
@ 2007-05-10 20:37 Uri Guttman
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Uri Guttman @ 2007-05-10 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

is there any way to get emacs/gnus to use my isp's smtp server directly?
from what i can find it uses /usr/xxx/sendmail (which in my case is
provided by qmail). my problem really is that verizon fios outbound smtp
required authentication and qmail doesn't support that without a
patch. since outbound isn't an issue (i do use qmail for inbound just
fine) i thought i could bypass it inside emacs/gnus. only a few symbols
are found with smtp in them.

thanx,

uri

--