* Re: nnimap not showing #shared folders
       [not found] ` <iluit6hxcvx.fsf@extundo.com>
@ 2002-04-24 17:38   ` Nicolas Kowalski
       [not found]     ` <ilu1yd5x95p.fsf@extundo.com>
From: Nicolas Kowalski @ 2002-04-24 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:
>
>> I'm experimenting with shared folders on a UW IMAP server.  I've

[...]

> Frob `imap-log' to find out what the server is returning, search for
> #shared in the *imap-log* buffer.  Is it present?  Something weird
> with those entries?

With a similar setup I get :

124 LIST "" "#shared/*%"
* LIST (\NoSelect) "/" #shared/
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" #shared/sysadmin
124 OK LIST completed
125 EXAMINE "#shared/sysadmin"
* 224 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1019669393] UID validity status
* OK [UIDNEXT 225] Predicted next UID
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft \Seen)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS ()] Permanent flags
125 OK [READ-ONLY] EXAMINE completed
126 FETCH 1,* UID
* 1 FETCH (UID 1)
* 224 FETCH (UID 224)
126 OK FETCH completed

Nicolas.

@ 2002-04-24 18:17       ` Simon Josefsson
       [not found]       ` <m3wuux6jlt.fsf@fermat.mts.jhu.edu>
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-04-24 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> 125 EXAMINE "#shared/sysadmin"
>> * 224 EXISTS
>> * 0 RECENT
>> * OK [UIDVALIDITY 1019669393] UID validity status
>
> Ouch.  Integer > 2^30.  You need to buy a 64bit machine or make the
> server return smaller UIDVALIDITY's.

Sorry!  Large UIDVALIDITY is not a problem, only large UIDs.

I didn't see anything wrong with the IMAP log.  I tried creating a
nnml group starting with # but it worked.  So I don't understand why
it doesn't work.  Hm. Maybe you could look in the *nntp* server buffer
to see if something weird is happening.

@ 2002-04-24 18:38   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-04-24 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Perhaps Gnus has a limitation related to #.  Or something bad is
> happening when Gnus queries the server for those groups.  *imap-log*
> is your friend here again.

See the variable gnus-invalid-group-regexp.  Hm.  In my version of
Gnus, `#' is not forbidden.  But `/' is forbidden!  Whee.

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re: nnimap not showing #shared folders
       [not found]         ` <iluadrs7rmm.fsf@extundo.com>
@ 2002-04-25  5:09           ` Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2002-04-25  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:

> It looks quite OK.  After pressing RET in the server buffer (which I
> assume you're using to browse the server), can you look in the
> " *nnimap* server" buffer?  Are there lines for the group there?  I
> suspect there are, but if so the bug is in Gnus somewhere, and I
> wasn't able to reproduce it here.  I guess I'm at the end of the rope.

The " *nnimap* server" buffer was empty.  The *imap-log* buffer contains:

1270 LIST "" "#shared/*%"^M
* LIST (\NoSelect) "/" #shared/^M
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" #shared/.bash_logout^M
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" #shared/.bash_profile^M
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" #shared/.bashrc^M
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" #shared/.emacs^M
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" #shared/.screenrc^M
* LIST (\NoSelect) "/" #shared/support^M
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" #shared/support/logs^M
.
.
.
1270 OK LIST completed^M

Still these don't show up in the server buffer.

Are you saying that you can see groups in the #shared namespace in your
test setup?  I couldn't make out if Nicolas had the same problem or not.

-Nevin

* Re: nnimap not showing #shared folders
@ 2002-04-25  7:53             ` Nicolas Kowalski
From: Nicolas Kowalski @ 2002-04-25  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:

[...]

> Still these don't show up in the server buffer.
>
> Are you saying that you can see groups in the #shared namespace in
> your test setup?  I couldn't make out if Nicolas had the same problem
> or not.

I have the same behaviour. Even with the Group `#shared/sysadmin'
subscribed, it does not show up in the Browse Server buffer.

My .gnus contains this excerpt :

(setq
 ;; invalid characters in group names.  Setting this variable not to
 ;; match '/' is especially usefull for nnimap when using
 ;; subdirectories.
 gnus-invalid-group-regexp "[: `'\"]\\|^$"
 )

So this is not a problem of invalid group names.