* M-x byte-compile-file problem
@ 2002-09-12  7:03 Svend Tollak Munkejord
From: Svend Tollak Munkejord @ 2002-09-12  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a small change (commented out one line) to the file gnus-sum.el, and
would like to use a byte-compiled version of it, according to often-given
advice in this group. I tried M-x byte-compile-file, and it compiled all
right, only with the warning

  ** The function `gnus-get-predicate' is not known to be defined.

After restarting Emacs, when trying to enter a newsgroup, I get the error
message

  gnus-summary-prepare-threads: Symbol's function definition is void:
copy-list

When I delete the gnus-sum.elc file and restart Emacs, it says instead

and it works without problems. So what did I do wrong when compiling the
file?

--
Svend Tollak Munkejord

* Re: M-x byte-compile-file problem
@ 2002-09-12 11:17 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-09-12 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Svend Tollak Munkejord <stm@bacchus.pvv.org> writes:

>   gnus-summary-prepare-threads: Symbol's function definition is void:
> copy-list

This means that CL was loaded during compilation, but not at
run-time.  Does it help to say (require 'cl)?

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)