* Re: bbdb and mail-aliases not working
       [not found] ` <86u1p569i5.fsf@foo.bar>
@ 2002-05-18 14:29   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-05-18 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Irwin <mikeirw@pobox.com> writes:

> By default, bbdb uses M-Tab to expand aliases. This may or may not conflict
> with your window manager if you use one. If it does conflict, you can
> either rebind the keys for your WM, or you can set this in your .gnus:

ESC TAB and C-M-i are different ways to type M-TAB which (probably)
don't confuse the window manager.

kai
--
Silence is foo!

@ 2002-05-18 11:51   ` Adam P.
From: Adam P. @ 2002-05-18 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Irwin <mikeirw@pobox.com> writes:
> remi.letot@easynet.be (Remi Letot) writes:
>
>> I'm now trying to use bbdb, and everything seems to work fine, except
>> mail aliases. I made some in my bbdb, but they will not expand when I
>> use them while composing a new message.
>
> By default, bbdb uses M-Tab to expand aliases. This may or may not conflict
> with your window manager if you use one. If it does conflict, you can
> either rebind the keys for your WM, or you can set this in your .gnus:
>
> (define-key message-minibuffer-local-map [(tab)] 'bbdb-complete-name)

You might need to add these two lines to the line above:

(add-hook 'mail-setup-hook 'bbdb-define-all-aliases)    ;; Emacs
(add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'bbdb-define-all-aliases) ;; Gnus

          Adam

--
Name and address in X-Real...