* HTML email ?
@ 2002-08-07 14:52 Mahesh Padmanabhan
From: Mahesh Padmanabhan @ 2002-08-07 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recently received HTML email from someone and GNUS displayed it as
HTML source code. How do I make GNUS display HTML email correctly ? Do
I have to install W3 ? I have tried W3 before and it is really
slow. Can I use lynx, links, w3m etc. as an alternative ? If so, I
would appreciate it if someone could post sample lisp code to use
alternative browsers instead.

TIA,

--
Mahesh Padmanabhan

-------

Replace nospam with prana to email me.

* Re: HTML email ?
@ 2002-08-07 21:56 ` Jesper Harder
       [not found]   ` <uit2mdl27.fsf@myself.com>
From: Jesper Harder @ 2002-08-07 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mahesh Padmanabhan <news@nospam.eml.cc> writes:

> I recently received HTML email from someone and GNUS displayed it as
> HTML source code. How do I make GNUS display HTML email correctly ? Do
> I have to install W3 ?

Yes (in Gnus 5.8).

> I have tried W3 before and it is really slow. Can I use lynx, links,
> w3m etc. as an alternative ?

As far as I remember, there's no predefined functionality for this in
Gnus 5.8.

Oort Gnus does support lynx, links and w3m, though.  Customize
`mm-text-html-renderer' to change which one to use.

--
I mean, if 10 years from now, when you are doing something quick and
dirty, you suddenly visualize that I am looking over your shoulder and

* Re: HTML email ?
       [not found]     ` <87vg6ku7s3.fsf@gentoo.shacknet.nu>
@ 2002-08-09  5:46       ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2002-08-09  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthew Kennedy <mbkennedy@austin.rr.com> writes:

> Unrelated question... but how do you get that cool snippet border?

This is boxquote:

;; The latest version of boxquote.el can be found at:
;;
;;   <URL:http://www.davep.org/emacs/#boxquote.el>

norbert.
--
I KAISER ROLL?!  What good is a Kaiser Roll without a little
 COLE SLAW on the SIDE?

* Re: HTML email ?
       [not found]     ` <ueld8sehw.fsf@tapio.mailnet.fi>
@ 2002-08-09  7:16       ` maierh
       [not found]         ` <u7kj0sbol.fsf@tapio.mailnet.fi>
From: maierh @ 2002-08-09  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Blauberg <kai.blauberg@tapio.mailnet.fi> writes:

>> ,----[ ~/.gnus ]
>> |   '(setq mm-inline-override-types '("text/html"))'
>> `----
>>
>> ,----[ ~/.maicap ]
>> | text/html; e:/usr/netscape6/netscp6.exe file:%s
>> `----
>
> I have set these, and I get a mime button into the article buffer. The
> problem is that I can't get netscape to start from the button, only
> the save mime part action starts. Any suggestions how to fix this?

You need too the ~/.mailcap entry. Be careful this might be different
under Unix and Windows. I am still using here the Windows OS
(but I am working to get rid of it) so the example above is for the
Windows OS.

Harald

* Re: HTML email ?
       [not found]         ` <u7kj0sbol.fsf@tapio.mailnet.fi>
@ 2002-08-09 13:52           ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-08-09 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Blauberg <kai.blauberg@tapio.mailnet.fi> writes:

> BTW do I have to restart gnus to get the .mailcap entry to be read?

Better restart Emacs, not just Gnus.

kai

* Re: HTML email ?
       [not found]   ` <uit2mdl27.fsf@myself.com>
@ 2002-09-18  7:29   ` SpiceBug
From: SpiceBug @ 2002-09-18  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/07/02 at 23:56:01, Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Oort Gnus does support lynx, links and w3m, though.  Customize
> `mm-text-html-renderer' to change which one to use.

The variable 'mm-text-html-renderer' does not seem to be defined, for
me. Do you have any clue ?

I use Emacs 21.2.1 and Gnus 5.9.0.

My goal is to view HTML email bodies using Lynx.

Thanks a lot.

SpiceBug