* Re: posting styles not updated
       [not found] ` <vafpu02wtgl.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-05-11 20:36   ` Rémi Letot
       [not found]     ` <vafheles7xk.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Rémi Letot @ 2002-05-11 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The order of styles is important.  I'm not sure if the .* style has
> to come first or has to come last, but I'm sure the docs say which
> one it is.  If the .* style is in the wrong position, it will always
> be used, even when there are more specific styles.

The doc says to put .* in first position, and that's what is in my
config file. Now I discovered some other things :

when I reply to most posts in that list, the correct posting style is
used. And then it is also used when I try to compose a message from
scratch (using 'm') instead of the .* style.

Now on some message in the list, when I answer them, the list's
posting style is not used. Although the "To" header matches the
posting style, the .* one is used. And then the .* one is used for
subsequent mails (using 'm').

It seems I have two problems here : first one is that composing a mail
with 'm' uses the last used posting style. Second is that replying to
some posts in the list takes the .* posting-style although it should
match the other one.

Does that make sense ?

--
Rémi Letot

@ 2002-05-11 22:33       ` Rémi Letot
From: Rémi Letot @ 2002-05-11 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> remi.letot@easynet.be (Rémi Letot) writes:
>
>> Now on some message in the list, when I answer them, the list's
>> posting style is not used. Although the "To" header matches the
>> posting style, the .* one is used. And then the .* one is used for
>> subsequent mails (using 'm').
>
> Hm.  Maybe it's best to use posting styles on a per-group basis,
> rather than based on the headers.

Great, that fixed it, thanks. Now everything now seems to work fine,
and I can set it up for my other groups.

> When you get a message A and compose a reply B, the headers that
> posting styles will look at are those from message A, not B!  This is
> confusing.

Thanks for the info. But that doesn't explain why some "To" headers
weren't matched. Anyway now I do it by group names.

Thanks,
--
Rémi Letot

* Re: posting styles not updated
@ 2002-05-12 10:29         ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-05-12 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

hobbes@easynet.be (Rémi Letot) writes:

> Thanks for the info. But that doesn't explain why some "To" headers
> weren't matched. Anyway now I do it by group names.

I'm always confused by posting styles, so I'm not the right person to
help, here.  Sorry.  Anyone?

kai
--
Silence is foo!