* Re: How to browse the server for an article?
       [not found] ` <8465zg2dul.fsf@tecont.de>
@ 2002-07-16 17:28   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-07-16 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ralf Muschall <ralf@tecont.de> writes:

> I have
> 0 1 * * * /usr/local/bin/glimpseindex -H /home/ralf/.glimpse/news /var/spool/news
>
> in my crontab.  Glimpse is really fast, and with 'j' in gnus I can go
> to the article found by glimpse.  This should be interfaced in elisp,
> but I had no time yet.

How do you make Glimpse fast?  It was quite slow whenever I tried it.

Anyhow, *blush* maybe you'll like nnir.el which can interface Glimpse
and Gnus.  You hit `G G', type a query, and then you get a summary
buffer.  You can use `G T' on an article in that summary buffer to be
teleported to the right thread in the originating group.

kai

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-07-16 17:28 UTC | newest]