* display of 8-bit characters
@ 2002-08-03 12:54 Derrell.Lipman
From: Derrell.Lipman @ 2002-08-03 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using xemacs with Oort v0.06 (yes, a bit old).  When I receive a message
that contains 8-bit characters like this one:

> > Well, then according to the gospel we get σωτήρ
>
> So Richard is a Greek?
>
> kai

the 8-bit characters display as escaped octal, so what I'm seeing here is:

> > Well, then according to the gospel we get Ï\203Ï\211Ï\204á½µÏ\201

What do I need to do to get gnus to display these characters as they are
intended to be depicted?

Thanks,

Derrell

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-03 12:54 UTC | newest]