From: Marcus Frings <iam-est-hora-surgere@fuckmicrosoft.com>
Subject: Re: debian's gnus package older than its emacs builtin gnus?
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 21:04:16 +0100	[thread overview]

* hobbes@easynet.be (Rémi Letot) wrote:

> Marcus Frings <iam-est-hora-surgere@fuckmicrosoft.com> writes:
>> Or do it the Debian-way:
>> http://people.debian.org/~srivasta

> Not updated since oort is in unstable. A better way now is to add

Manoj's current version is gnus_5.9.0-0.CVS.2003.01.02.1_all.deb at his
Debian homepage.

> unstable in sources.list and pin to stable. That way you can upgrade
> just the packages you want to the unstable version, like gnus.

Sorry, I don't agree. apt-pinning is pretty worthless these days because
too many packages depend on the new libc6 in unstable which makes it
quite useless to get Sid-packages for Woody as you certainly don't want
to import libc6-2.3.1-x from Sid to Woody. Okay, the Gnus package is an
exception concerning this dependency.
I prefer to get the source from Sid and do a backporting for Woody.

Regards,
Marcus
--
Fight fight fight, just push it away, fight fight fight, just push until it
breaks, fight fight fight, don't cry at the pain, fight fight fight, or watch