* Forcing gnus to treat the body of an email as html
@ 2005-08-23  4:42 Victor S. Miller
From: Victor S. Miller @ 2005-08-23  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I sometimes get email, the body of which is html, but which lacks the
appropriate mime headers.  Is there a simple way to force gnus to
invoke w3m (or w3) to format the email.  I've tried
gnus-summary-repair-multipart, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Victor

* Re: Forcing gnus to treat the body of an email as html
@ 2005-08-23 18:10 ` Bernard Adrian
From: Bernard Adrian @ 2005-08-23 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

victor@algebraic.org (Victor S. Miller) a écrit :

> I sometimes get email, the body of which is html, but which lacks the
> appropriate mime headers.  Is there a simple way to force gnus to
> invoke w3m (or w3) to format the email.  I've tried
> gnus-summary-repair-multipart, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Hi Victor,

I have this line in my .gnus :

(require 'mm-decode)

i think mm-decode takes care of that.

HTH
--
Bernard Adrian
http://bernadrian.free.fr

* Re: Forcing gnus to treat the body of an email as html
@ 2005-08-23 18:29 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2005-08-23 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

victor@algebraic.org (Victor S. Miller) writes:
> I sometimes get email, the body of which is html, but which lacks the
> appropriate mime headers.  Is there a simple way to force gnus to
> invoke w3m (or w3) to format the email.

W h runs `gnus-article-wash-html'

`gnus-article-wash-html' is an interactive Lisp function
  -- loaded from "gnus-art"
(gnus-article-wash-html &optional INTERACTIVE &rest ARGS)

Documentation:
Format an HTML article.
If READ-CHARSET, ask for a coding system.