* reply to group not to author
@ 2006-04-15  2:54 Gary Wessle
From: Gary Wessle @ 2006-04-15  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

when I am in the summary buffer, or article buffer, r is to reply to
author and w is to reply to group. but w is now working, hitting it
does not do anything. I need to reply to group, how can I do this?

thank you

* Re: reply to group not to author
@ 2006-04-15  3:03 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2006-04-15  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gary Wessle <not@defined.now> writes:
> ...and w is to reply to group. but w is now working, hitting it

Um, no...

`C-h k w' correctly informs us:
| w runs `gnus-summary-stop-page-breaking'
| `gnus-summary-stop-page-breaking' is an interactive compiled Lisp function
|   -- loaded from "gnus-sum"
| (gnus-summary-stop-page-breaking)
| Documentation:
| Stop page breaking in the current article.

> does not do anything. I need to reply to group, how can I do this?

`f' does followup, with appropriate semantics for either newsgroup
followup posting or "wide reply" in mail groups.

* Re: reply to group not to author
@ 2006-04-15 11:15     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2006-04-15 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 21:46:09 -0700, Gary wrote:

> thanks, I tried it, how can I also include the original message with the
> reply,

Go F instead of f (F runs `gnus-summary-followup-with-original', f
runs `gnus-summary-followup').

> I was hoping to find out on my own by doing C-h k f but I get f runs
> command undifined.

You can get a list of keybindings in the summary by pressing C-h b
(when you are in the summary).

  Best regards,

--
 "You know, if the sun was an oboe, what would you do?"       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: reply to group not to author
@ 2006-04-15 12:44     ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2006-04-15 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Gary Weselle" <weselle_g@hotmain.com> writes:
> I was hoping to find out on my own by doing C-h k f but I get f runs
> command undifined.

Not from the summary buffer, it doesn't.

Y'know, you actually did a followup with `f' to get this response of
yours posted.  You even did it with my preceding message included.
What are you trying to pull?

* Re: reply to group not to author
@ 2006-04-16  4:46   ` Gary Weselle
From: Gary Weselle @ 2006-04-16  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Karl Kleinpaste" <karl@charcoal.com> wrote in message
> Gary Wessle <not@defined.now> writes:
> > ...and w is to reply to group. but w is now working, hitting it
>
> Um, no...
>
> `C-h k w' correctly informs us:
> | w runs `gnus-summary-stop-page-breaking'
> | `gnus-summary-stop-page-breaking' is an interactive compiled Lisp
function
> |   -- loaded from "gnus-sum"
> | (gnus-summary-stop-page-breaking)
> | Documentation:
> | Stop page breaking in the current article.
>
> > does not do anything. I need to reply to group, how can I do this?
>
> `f' does followup, with appropriate semantics for either newsgroup
> followup posting or "wide reply" in mail groups.

thanks, I tried it, how can I also include the original message with the
reply, I was hoping to find out on my own by doing C-h k f but I get f runs
command undifined.

thanks