* gnus-article-display-hook
@ 2002-07-02 19:19 Hugh Lawson
       [not found] ` <wc3pty54oxz.fsf@eta.cis.ohio-state.edu>
From: Hugh Lawson @ 2002-07-02 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can somebody help me?

I put this in my .gnus file:

(add-hook 'gnus-article-display-hook 'gnus-article-date-local)

My hope was that this would display the local (EDT) time in the
Date line in the article buffer, but it doesn't seem to work.

W T l

works ok, but you have to do it for each article.

--
Hugh Lawson
hlawson@triad.rr.com

* Re: gnus-article-display-hook
       [not found]   ` <87r8ik7szf.fsf@localhost.localdomain>
@ 2002-07-03 19:10     ` Benjamin Rutt
From: Benjamin Rutt @ 2002-07-03 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hugh Lawson <hlawson@triad.rr.com> writes:

> I added your line to my .gnus file, and it seems to be working.  The
> Date line displays like this:
>
> Tue Jul  2 20:47:52 2002 -0400
>
> I assume the '-0400' means that the time as displayed is four hours
> behind Greenwich Meridian Time.  So, '-0400' is a synonym for Eastern
> Daylight Time, right?

I believe that you are correct.  The EDT time zone I'm in is also
known as "GMT-4", so I think the -0400 must be another way to write
the "-4".

AFAIK, there are some time zones that are displaced from GMT by a
number other than an integer.  I guess that's why there are the
trailing zeros in the -0400, in order to express those time zones.
--
Benjamin