* browse-url-mozilla in new tab
@ 2002-09-28 15:41 Jarle Thorsen
       [not found] ` <m3vg4pj2kk.fsf@defun.localdomain>
From: Jarle Thorsen @ 2002-09-28 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have set:

(setq browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-mozilla)

But this starts a new mozilla session each time I try to open a link.
Anybody have an idea of how to have it open a new tab in the mozilla window
that is already running ?

According to mozilla.org:

mozilla -remote "openurl(<URL>, new-tab)" should do the trick, but my LISP
knowledge is not good enough to implent this....

--
Jarle Thorsen
http://www.genbukan.no

* Re: browse-url-mozilla in new tab
@ 2002-09-28 16:35 ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found] ` <m3vg4pj2kk.fsf@defun.localdomain>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-09-28 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jarle Thorsen <jarle@genbukan.no> writes:

> But this starts a new mozilla session each time I try to open a link.
> Anybody have an idea of how to have it open a new tab in the mozilla window
> that is already running ?

See the variable browse-url-new-window-flag or browse-url-new-window-p.

kai

* Re: browse-url-mozilla in new tab
       [not found]   ` <86wup58cdt.fsf@foo.bar>
@ 2002-10-06 19:46     ` Robert Marshall
       [not found]       ` <m3smzji1d9.fsf@defun.localdomain>
From: Robert Marshall @ 2002-10-06 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, mikeirw@pobox.com wrote:

> Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:
>
>> I want this too!
>>
>> So here's a function which does it.  Set
>> `browse-url-browser-function' to `browse-url-mozilla-new-tab'.
>>

> You rock Jesper! Thanks for the code!

Seconded - but it appears to have problems with local files html files
browse-url-of-file appears to get confused,
I get file ......,new_tab cannot be found?

maybe there ought to be a
check for the presence of http:// ?

Robert
--
To preserve the silence within -- amid all the noise. To
remain open and quiet no matter how many tramp across the

* Re: browse-url-mozilla in new tab
       [not found]           ` <m3fzvi0y8z.fsf@defun.localdomain>
@ 2002-10-08  7:25             ` Robert Marshall
From: Robert Marshall @ 2002-10-08  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 07 Oct 2002, Jesper Harder wrote:

> Robert Marshall <spam@capuchin.co.uk> writes:
>
>> <blush> should have checked on a non-local page first - sorry!  I'm
>> still on 1.0 where I assume this isn't implemented
>
> Yes, it's a new feature in Mozilla 1.1.

I suspect I'll be upgrading rather soon - worth it for that alone!

Thank you!

Robert
--
Poetry's not window cleaning.