* Re: duplicated mail
       [not found] ` <m3hdnmqdm9.fsf@ens.fr>
@ 2004-11-19 12:23   ` Kamen TOMOV
From: Kamen TOMOV @ 2004-11-19 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Nov 19 2004, Bastien wrote:

> > I am using gnus and I have a problem with duplicated mail since I
> > configured my mail back-end (fetchmail) to keep the old mail on
> > the server. I restored the setting but it was too late. I already
> > had thousand of duplicated messages in my nnml groups. Is there a
> > way to delete them? Thanks.
>
> (setq nnmail-treat-duplicates 'delete)
>
> --
> Bastien

Thanks. I guess that will work with the new mail that would
arrive. What about my current mail?

Regards,
--
Kamen TOMOV

* Re: duplicated mail
@ 2004-11-19 13:46     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2004-11-19 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kamen TOMOV writes:

>> (setq nnmail-treat-duplicates 'delete)
>
> Thanks. I guess that will work with the new mail that would
> arrive. What about my current mail?

What was the former value of `nnmail-treat-duplicates' ?  Default
value is 'warn and it inserts an extra-header in your mail.

Go in your group, select duplicates with / x [the extra header] and
delete them manually.

PS : i cannot remember what the extra header is, should be something
with X-.*duplicate or X-.*Gnus.

--
Bastien

* Re: duplicated mail
@ 2004-11-19 19:21       ` Cristian Gutierrez
       [not found]         ` <87vfc0g41z.fsf@zlatenlist.homelinux.net>
From: Cristian Gutierrez @ 2004-11-19 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hoy en la ma~nana, bzg@altern.org dijo:
> Kamen TOMOV writes:
>
>>> (setq nnmail-treat-duplicates 'delete)
>>
>> Thanks. I guess that will work with the new mail that would
>> arrive. What about my current mail?
>
> What was the former value of `nnmail-treat-duplicates' ?  Default
> value is 'warn and it inserts an extra-header in your mail.
>
> Go in your group, select duplicates with / x [the extra header] and
> delete them manually.

Nice to know this. If of any use, you can try opening your
mailbox/folder with (heresy! :-) Mutt and delete duplicates with
D~=<ENTER> (<ENTER> is RET) and then $ to sync back.

I don't know if that causes any problem with Gnus (not so far in my
case, but then I use nnimap), but I would at least close the mailbox in
Gnus before opening it with Mutt.

--
Cristian Gutierrez			http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~crgutier
crgutier[@]dcc.uchile.cl                        Jabber:crgutier@jabber.org

With Linux, you don't need Windows or Gates!
-- Yehuda Mann, news.zdnet.com

* Re: duplicated mail
       [not found]         ` <87vfc0g41z.fsf@zlatenlist.homelinux.net>
@ 2004-11-20 15:07           ` pkd
From: pkd @ 2004-11-20 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On sab, 20 nov 2004, Kamen TOMOV wrote:

> By the way the previous value of this field was 'warn. I tried to select
> these messages with / x but since I've never used that feature I
> couldn't make it work. It was saying something like "no such header".

for the record, you should've added that header to this variable:

,----[ C-h v gnus-extra-headers RET ]

`----

--
.signature: not found