* nnmail-split-fancy: check splitting rules
@ 2002-04-15 18:16 Thomas Gehrlein
       [not found] ` <878z7on4il.fsf@alum.wpi.edu>
From: Thomas Gehrlein @ 2002-04-15 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've set my nnmail-split-methods to nnmail-split-fancy.  One of the rules seems
not trigger.  Is there a way to test where nnmail-split-fancy would put a
message?  Ideally, this would be a function I could call on a group or on a
message and it would tell me where nnmail-split-fancy thinks the message(s)
belong.

This is the split rule:

("Content-Type" "charset=\"[Kk][Ss]_[Cc]_5601-1987\"" "auto-delete")
("Content-Type" "[Kk][Ss]_[Cc]_5601-1987" "auto-delete")

The two lines are different attempts to achieve the same result.  Neither of
them worked.

This is the header line I'm trying to match:

TIA Thomas

* Re: nnmail-split-fancy: check splitting rules
       [not found]   ` <m31ydg7m0j.fsf@wolfram.com>
@ 2002-04-16 11:28     ` Thomas Gehrlein
From: Thomas Gehrlein @ 2002-04-16 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill White <billw@wolfram.com> writes:

> On Mon Apr 15 2002 at 14:30, Josh Huber <huber@alum.wpi.edu> said:
>
> > Thomas Gehrlein <thomas.gehrlein@t-online.de> writes:
> >
> >> I've set my nnmail-split-methods to nnmail-split-fancy.  One of the
> >> rules seems not trigger.  Is there a way to test where
> >> nnmail-split-fancy would put a message?  Ideally, this would be a
> >> function I could call on a group or on a message and it would tell
> >> me where nnmail-split-fancy thinks the message(s) belong.
> >
> > You're looking for B q (gnus-summary-respool-query)
>
> Or B t (gnus-summary-respool-trace), which shows which patterns
> matched.

Thanks for the quick response.  This is exactly what I was looking for.  I'm
sure I can now work out my splitting rules.

Thomas