* Re: How to change the citation style (headers)
       [not found] ` <87iq6ubob2.fsf@topper.koldfront.dk>
@ 2010-05-11 13:04   ` Josef G. Bauer
From: Josef G. Bauer @ 2010-05-11 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi Adam,

thanks for your answer.

> Why do you want to quote all the header information?

Of course it's a matter of taste but if for example I receive a
forwarded email I want to know to what people the original email was
sent to. IMHO this is essential. I know that also e.g. Thunderbird does
not do this by default, but it can easily be tweaked.

> You could probably make SuperCite do what you want;

I was using SC (long) before --- I will try to configure it.

> or you could write a function yourself

I was hoping for a 'simple' solution. ;-)

Greetings

Josef

* Re: How to change the citation style (headers)
@ 2010-05-14 11:50     ` Josef G. Bauer
From: Josef G. Bauer @ 2010-05-14 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

found the following configuration of supercite to work as desired:

;----------------------------------------------------------------------
(require 'supercite)
(add-hook 'mail-citation-hook 'sc-cite-original)
(setq sc-nuke-mail-headers  'keep)
(setq sc-nuke-mail-header-list '("^From:" "^Date:" "^To:" "^CC:" "^Subject:"))
(defun sc-eref-insert-selected (&optional nix)
  (insert "---------- original message ----------\n"))
(defun sc-cite-region (start end &optional confirm-p interactive)())
(defun sc-select-attribution () (setq attribution ""))

Might be 'crude' (but works).

Greetings

Josef