* Re: Mac OS X port?
       [not found] ` <871xy87im2.fsf@cag.lcs.mit.edu>
@ 2003-06-05 16:59   ` Joseph Kiniry
From: Joseph Kiniry @ 2003-06-05 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu> writes:

> nuk <nuk@panix.com> writes:
>
>> I didn't see a port listed under Fink; any chance there is one somewhere
>> else (short of compiling everything myself)?
>
> Gnus is just Emacs-Lisp code; given a functional Emacs on a system
> pretending to be *BSD, I wouldn't see much of a need for a special OSX
> port.

Correct.  Gnus runs just fine on all (appropriately versioned)
releases of Emacs on OS X.

I don't believe anyone has bothered created a fink package for Gnus
yet.  This would not necessarily be a bad thing, because even
OS-independent software sometimes takes a non-trivial amount of time
to install and setup.  Fink includes other such software, e.g.,
the Apache Foundation's Ant, which is written in Java.

Joe
---
SOS Project, ITA Group, Computing Science Institute
University of Nijmegen
KindSoftware, LLC
Board Chair, NICE: The Nonprofit International Consortium for Eiffel

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-06-05 16:59 UTC | newest]