From: Michael Piotrowski <mxp@dynalabs.de>
Subject: Re: Is BBDB really that bad?
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 20:27:03 +0200	[thread overview]

spamtrap@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

> (I haven't ever entered a numbers-only zip before, because the
> recommended notation for zip-codes as far as I know is CC-ZIP, where
> CC is the two-letter country code and ZIP is country-specific - so
> I've never seen the swapping before).

No longer.  Prefixing the ZIP code with a country code (according to
UN conventions on road traffic) was a convention only among 24
countries (most of them European).  This convention was recently
abandoned, and it is now recommended to write the destination country
in uppercase letters below the address.

Here is a complete overview of official addressing formats:
<http://www.upu.int/post_code/en/addressing_formats.html>

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                                  <mxp@dynalabs.de>